Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Before this assignment, I had never heard of either Google Squared or WolframAlpha. I think there are great search engines, with many educational implications. They would both be great for projects in school, or just to find out information. In WolframAlpha,  I typed  in my birthday (November 21, 1984) and learned that I was born 9,429 days ago! I also typed in a math formula, and it showed me the graph of the parabola, and many other things. 
Dr. Strange's comments on the "Did You Know?" really put things into perspective. We are relatively small in population compared to China and India. 

The Food for Thought post really made me think about the use of technology. As advanced as we are in technology, the stable boy who had never seen an iPad before, was able to use it.


map

No comments:

Post a Comment