Sunday, September 12, 2010

Summary Post C4T #1

For the past two weeks, I have been reading and commenting on John Spencer's blog, Tom Johnson's Adventures in Pencil Integration. I found this blog to be very interesting. The first blog post that I commented on was "Meat the Teacher Fiasco." This blog was about "meet" the teacher night turning into a "meat" the teacher barbecue. I think this "typo" actually created a great situation for the teacher and student. A barbecue or soccer game can ease the tension between teacher and students, and make the "getting to know each other" situation easier to deal with. 


The second blog post that I commented on was "show and tell." I think that show and tell is a great way to get kids, even if they are a little older, to open up and find new ways to express themselves. Even the "shy or unpopular" children may be able to break out of their shells. It might be easier for these children to open up if they are talking to the class about something that actually matters to them, instead of doing a book report or other presentation on something they may not care about at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment