Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Assignment #11

Mrs. Cassidy's Class


I think that Mrs. Cassidy's use of technology is amazing. In thinking about my future classroom, I am hoping to have 1st or 2nd grade, I think that having a blog myself would be a great idea. I would use my blog to post assignment and upcoming tests and other information that parents would need to know in order to be able to keep up with their child's education. I could post podcasts of lessons if there is going to be a student out for a period of time, so that they would not fall behind. I could also post some additional practice for children that may need some extra help. It would also be a great place to post pictures of field trips and other class activities so that the parents that could not make it would be able to see them. But this is the extent to which I thought I would be able to incorporate these technologies into a class with such young children. Now after seeing these 1st graders in action, I know that there are many more possibilities. These 1st graders were so interested and knowledgeable, I now know that the possibilities are endless. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krystin! I really enjoyed reading your post! I think using a blog for your classroom would be a great idea. I like that you'd use it for parents to access as well. That's a really wonderful idea and a good way for the parents to stay well informed. Good luck with the rest of this class! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why not have the students have blogs as well? Did you watch the Skype interview with Ms. Cassidy?

    ReplyDelete