Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Summary Post C4T #4

I commented on the blog of JF Hadley. This is an amazing blog that I will continue to follow. I first post I commented on was titled 'Following My Own Advice'. The post was about following the advice he gives his students. With all the distractions today it can be hard to focus and get the things done that we need to do. This was my comment: Hi, my name is Krystin Pavey and I’m an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I have the same trouble when doing homework myself. I find that a lot of teachers today forget that children need a “brain break” in order to focus better. Some teachers seem so focused on “fitting all of the material in,” rather than giving students the break that the teachers themselves need. What a great post! Thanks for sharing!


The second post I commented on was titled 'Using Their Voices'. I loved this post! It was about getting students to effectively develop and express their ideas. They had to read the material themselves, then again in a small group. They had to find the main idea and the supporting details. Then Hadley posted questions the students needed to answer. The students then used Garageband to record their ideas. Hadley says, "Then the goal was to record a paragraph that answered the question. After doing that, they were listening to see if they had a clear point of view and had proved their point with evidence." This was my comment: Hi! My name is Krystin Pavey and I’m a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think this is such a great idea. All children learn differently and giving them the opportunity to explore their ideas in different ways can only be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment