Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

How Children Teach Themselves.

1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
Yes they can! As seen in this video, when people are interested they can teach themselves.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
If children are interested then learning can take place. As Mr. Mitra said in the video 
"Children will learn to do what they want to learn to do."
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or
herself? 
I think the most important thing necessary for someone to teach themselves is interest.
Whether the interest is the subject matter or an outcome such as a grade, there has to be 
an interest.
4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
Computer and the internet play a huge role. If you look at the video, the information these 
children learned by using the internet, and they had never seen a computer before.
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
I think children will be motivated and interested to learn if they are having fun. 
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
The children are given a problem and can use the internet to find the answer.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
I think that in order to motivate learners they need to be interested.
8. How are you motivated to learn?
I am motivated to learn by grades. My grades are very important to me, and thats what 
intresets me. 
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
Yes, I thinks it's possible. I made A's in both Biology 1 and 2, and was in no way motivated 
to learn the material. 
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
Yes I do. When there are things that I do not know how to do, in this class or others, I find
way to teach myself the material. 
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your
learning?
I think that teachers play a huge role, just as the "granny clouds" did to these children.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you
as a result of watching this video?
The most important thing I am taking away from this video is the fact children can do 
anything they put their minds to, even if it's not in their native language.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and
discussed by aspiring teachers?
I think that as teachers we need to understand the possibilities for children to be self 
learners, and we need to keep children interested in learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment