Sunday, October 10, 2010

Summary Post C4T #2

For the past couple of weeks I have been following the blog of Daneah Galloway. The first blog I commented on was titled "Magic Wand." This post was about the top 21 things that have become obsolete in the past decade. I was actually surprised when I heard the list. These things that have become obsolete were things that we relied so heavily on just a few years ago. Now these things are barely heard of anymore. 

Long Road AheadMrs. Galloway had not posted anything new since May, so I went back and commented on one of her older posts. The post was titled "Heavy Burdens," and was about the burden she sometimes feels when writing her blog. She wrote "I realized this was my first experience with meeting someone who knew about me because of my blog before I knew them. It was…strange. Not bad, but definitely different. It made me realize that what I put here on this blog is really representing me. This doesn’t mean that I didn’t consider that fact before, but it just didn’t mean as much as it does now. This is going to be, for some, their first impression of who I am. This is huge, major really. Now when I blog, I am feeling a heavier burden than before-which is not necessarily a bad thing." This really put into perspective what Dr. Strange means when he says that we are leaving "a permanent trail of your intellectual journey." 

No comments:

Post a Comment